POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : POV-Ray Includes - Organisation : Re: POV-Ray Includes - Organisation Server Time
31 Jul 2024 16:18:11 EDT (-0400)
  Re: POV-Ray Includes - Organisation
From: Florian Brucker
Date: 27 Nov 2006 14:48:57
Message: <456b4129$1@news.povray.org>
My 2 cents:

Like Darren I suggest using sets of key words instead of fixed
categories. IMHO such collections really depend on a good search
function, and categories are just hard to search through. Available
search options should include the needed POV version, key words and
perhaps the author.

I'm not sure about the points Sabrina mentions: On the one hand, having
a standard for sizes and names is nice, but on the other hand it makes
it less likely that someone put's his objects/textures/whatever in the
collection, because it's too much hassle. Personally I've never had any
problems with using include files from various authors, without any
standardization.

Of course the list of possible features is endless. If time permits it's
always nice to have things like "most downloaded", ratings, etc.

Ah, and of course Sample images (not too small, i.e. at least 320x240)
are a must-have :)

Regards,
Florian